With Illinois moving to Phase 4 reopening guidelines, the Mercer County YMCA is now open again with an expansion project also underway at the facility. Certain procedures will need to be followed.
– No Day Passes or Nationwide Membership will be accepted at this time.
– No Summer memberships will be sold at this time.
– Any member under the age of 14 must visit the facility with a parent or caregiver.
– “hanging out” or mingling allowed inside the facility will not be allowed.
– Hours will be as follows: Monday-Friday 5:15 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays 7 a.m. to Noon.
– Members should wear face coverings when entering and moving throughout the facility. Face masks are not recommended during exercise.
– Only Aqua Therapy Classes, Lap Swim and Swim Lessons will be permitted in the pool and the Hot Tub and Sauna will remain closed until further guidance is released by the IDPH.
– Each room in the facility will be limited to 50% capacity, the room use will be on a first come, first serve basis.
– Members are asked to clean equipment before and after use with the disinfectant provided.
– Water fountains will remain closed so your encouraged to bring a water bottle with you.
– It is recommended you limit the use of the locker rooms facilities when possible, for example wearing your suit upon arrival to the facility, keeping personal items locked in your car during your workout, etc.
– Practice Social Distancing of 6 feet.
– Basketball in the gym will only be allowed individually or with same household members.
– Child Watch will not be offered at this time.
– Our Outdoor Fitness Classes will continue in Central Park the new limit for classes per Phase 4 guidelines is 50 people so pre-registration is no longer required. Members and Participants are welcome to attend these classes. Classes will remain free to members and a drop-in rate of $3 will be charged for participants. (Enhance Fitness participant rate is $12 per month) Yoga will be held indoors at Oakview Country Club. During severe weather, watch Facebook for location changes for Outdoor Fitness.
Upon arrival to the YMCA, enter through our Temporary Entrance on the South side of the Wellness Center. The temporary Front Desk is located in the Wellness Center. The first time you use the facility, you will be asked to sign a waiver of liability and you will be asked if you have been free of the symptoms of Covid-19 and have no known exposure. As posted on the entrance, you may not enter the building if you have had any symptoms or have been exposed to Covid-19 or have had a fever in the previous 72 hours.